Re: Updated light bulbs

To: Tom Zuchowski <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Updated light bulbs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:15:26 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Tom Zuchowski wrote:

> It seems to me that modern car lights are a lot brighter than what the old
> cars had. Is this because they are using different light bulbs that are
> intrinsically brighter? I would not mind replacing all of the light bulbs
> if it meant that the 10 square inches of lighting on a Bugeye was made a
> lot easier for other drivers to see.
>
> Anybody got any info on this?
>
> Tom Zuchowski
> '61 Bugeye

Tom

Halogen headlamps available anywhere for about $8 each make a great
improvment.
I would avoid halogen tail lamp bulbs due to the high heat they emit
which may melt the plastic lens.
All Sprites and Midgets use the standard 7" headlamp, available at
Kmart, Walmart, Target (I just bought them at Target in Bowie) or
anyplace auto parts are sold.
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs