Re: Rear Axel Oil Seal andBrakes

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rear Axel Oil Seal andBrakes
From: Jeff Sharpe <jsharpe@501studios.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:14:44 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I've been following this thread with interest since I just did the same
thing last weekend, replacing the oil seal and paper gasket.  Went OK, but I
had to mangle the old oil seal to get it out.  I'm sure there's a better way
to get that seal out of the hub - it was a real time waster.  Any
suggestions?  By the way, I used the brake cleaner in a spraycan; the shoes
had just a couple drops of oil on them.  I'll know in a few days if it
worked . . .

Thanks - Jeff
'79 Midget
'71 B