Transmission Help

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Transmission Help
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:33:44 -0500EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
List,

I want to thank everyone who responded to my plea for help with my
transmission situation.  It looks like I am going to do the Datsun
5-speed conversion.  Not to sound like a commercial, just thought
there would be some interest in my research efforts.

Run down on the Rivergate 5-speed conversion kit:
basic kit $399
additional kit $79
   slave cylinder, throw out bearing, flexible hose, rear seal,
   line-up tool
yoke conversion $55
speedo kit $125

It was suggested that I have the 2nd and 3rd synchronizers and all
bearings replaced in the Datsun before I install it.  The cost is
around $250.  It is probably a good idea, is it necessary?

Now I need a Datsun tranny.  Anybody want got one for sale?

Thanks again,
Paul
Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
Lexington, KY