Re: Transmission Help

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Transmission Help
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:30:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

> It was suggested that I have the 2nd and 3rd synchronizers and all
> bearings replaced in the Datsun before I install it.  The cost is
> around $250.  It is probably a good idea, is it necessary?

 A good friend has a 1978 Datsun 280Z and he told me the best thing he ever
did for driveability was have the shifter bushing replaced. His shift
travel had gotten sloppy and replacing the bushing made a lot of
difference. It's cheap, especially if you're doing anything else in there.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis