Re: Vibration

To: shk@qnet.com
Subject: Re: Vibration
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:32:33 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Shot pilot bushing is a good possibility.  Another often overlooked place
is the fit of the driveshaft yoke in the rear transmission bushing.
Either one can be isolated,  the pilot bush vibration is related to
engine speed, will show up at a particular engine rpm, no matter what
gear you're in.  The driveshaft yoke fit is road speed related.  Will
show up at only a given road speed, regardless of engine rpm.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com