Armstrong Lever Arm Dampers

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Armstrong Lever Arm Dampers
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:15:57 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi list,

Happy new year to you all - no Y2K worries looming up for Spridget owners.

I remember a while back a lot of postings about oil viscosity for Armstrong
lever arm dampers and despite keeping thousands of old e-mails don't appear to
have kept any on this subject.  What I do recall is that there is an Armstrong
expert on the list who rebuilds the units.  Maybe that person or anyone else
on the list can answer my questions.

Does a modified (uprated) valve for the Armstrong lever arm damper change the
damping characteristics in: bump only, rebound only, or both?

Does changing the oil viscosity in the Armstrong lever arm damper change the
damping characterisistics in: bump only, rebound only, or both?

Thanks for the help I know will come.

Daniel1312