[BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net: global taboo body match "/triumph.

To: spridgets
Subject: [BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net: global taboo body match "/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 21]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 13:21:18 -0700 (MST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
     Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:05:31 -0800
     From: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
     Subject: RE: License Plate Restoration?

When I re-registered Spot, He hadn't been on the road for sometime. When I
took the plates in the DMV (Ca.) they said that they were not in their
records anymore and that I could get new ones or use "those ugly old black
ones." (That's what the lady said !). This leads me to believe That if you
have a set of Black plates that are not attached to any car in the DMV
database, you could use those.
 But on the other hand (you also have five fingers.)  ...I  can see the
desired to keep the "original" plates on the car. Spot's plates are the ones
he got when he was new. I have a copy of the original Pink slip. ( Calf.
certificate of title, which is no longer pink. in fact it's multiple
colors.)
 Back to your original question. I lightly sanded both plates, masked and
sprayed them with a flat black enamel model paint, then waxed them with
turtle wax. They look old but good. kinda "aged".