[no subject]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 07:24:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This came thru on the Road Racers list "Wheel to Wheel"  please reply
direct as they aren't on the spridget list....yet!!

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:20:46 -0500
From: Will & Kelley Huxtable <HuxRoadRacers@compuserve.com>
Subject: Street-able Bugeye Sprite Help Needed

It has come to our attention that there may be a 1961 Bugeye Sprite
available to us for purchase. It has not run since 1979 or 1980, but has
been garaged since 1981. Car was wrecked once while parked, but has been
repaired.

Will has always wanted a British "basket-case" of some sort to tinker
with.
His intention has been to find something similar to the car mentioned
above
and do a restoration, culminating in a vehicle which can be driven on
those
sunny Sunday afternoons. We're trying to determine if this is simply "too
good of a deal" to pass up.

Now, here's the "help" part:

 * What's a reasonable price to pay initially?
 * Where might we find information about how to undertake the
restoration?
 * Are there many street-able parts available in the US?
 * Which multiplicative factor (3 X initial $$, 5 X, etc.) is used
   when trying to determine how much this money pit will eventually cost?

Thanks in advance!
Kelley Huxtable

End of copied message...............................

Richard L. Bergstrom, President, Central Virginia British Car Club,
Richmond, VA
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~http://www.centralvamg.com/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!  The MG club is no more.  We now welcome with open arms

   all forms of automobile from the British Isles.  If you love Brit cars
and live within
      100 miles of Richmond Virginia you should join us!      Email me
for INFO!