Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:41:40 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi, Spridgeteers!
One of the ways of curing "oil-canning" floors is to apply a fiberglass
patch of one or two plies.  The fiberglass will actually stiffen the floor
so that it does not flex.  Before applying the fiberglass, make sure the
surface is absolutely clean and oil/grease free.

I applied Corroless to prevent further rusting and fiberglass patches to
repair the rust holes in the floors of my Big Healey back in the '80s when
my bodywork and welding skills were rudimentary.  Recently, I removed them
to do proper weld repairs instead, but they were perfectly fine as they
were, with no more rust in the floor.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain