Saw Midget FS in Knox, TN

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Saw Midget FS in Knox, TN
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:38:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I was driving along on my lunch break and saw a maroon RB Midget parked
out front of a jet ski/motorcycle shop.  From the street it looked ok,
but somebody had moved the sideview mirrors to the fenders (they are now
the round style sideviews).  I called the shop when I got back to work
and these are the details:  front end vibrates (swears it's just an
alignment issue), thinks it has a Weber, thinks it's a '72 (I told him
it had to be at least a '75), and it runs real good.  I asked how much
and he said $3,000.  When asked if that was a bit high, he responded by
saying the owner of the store had traded even for it on a $3,000 jet
ski, and he thought the car was worth it.  Hmmmm...

This car is in Knoxville, TN, and if anybody is interested, I'd be happy
to look.  Heck, for all I know, the car could have been totally rebuilt,
new interior, new top, tires, etc etc and could be worth 3 grand...

adrian

PS  No personal interest whatsoever in the car or the store