Little task?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Little task?
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:49:18 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Sunday afternoon, and its dry for the first weekend in months.
Decide on a little job for half an hour or so before I take the dog for a
walk,
just fit that door trim panel on the Teal Blue Sprite.
Have to move the yellow Midget out of the way so I can move the Sprite
outside to give enough room to open the door properly.
Sit in the Midget and get a wet backside.  The hood has been leaking all
winter and the foam seat is now like a big wet sponge that oozes water out
everytime I sit on it.
Consider rewpairing hood with Duck Tape (yep that's what I always thought it
was called too !), but
decide it won't enhance the colour scheme.
Decide to remove the seat instead  and put it in the sun to dry whilst I do
the door panel.
Unbolt the seat and find that 2 of the rubber webbing strips are broken.
Have spares so remove the old ones, and decide to take the foam sponge out
so I can wring it out.
Find that the seat frame is rusted so sand it off and repaint with black
Hammerite.
Dry out the seat cushion.
Floor has surface rust so wire brush it and then find it is split in 2
places.
Clean it off and MIG weld the splits. Add a re-inforcing plate.
Repaint the floor on the inside and out and then cover underside with
underseal.
Seat runners badly corroded, Get spares from shed and replace onto seat
frame.
Reassemble seat cushion, cover and webbing.
Decide to add a hardboard base between webbing and foam, to give a firmer
seat.
Bolt in new runners with seat.
Just sit in it for a while. Definitely feels better - and no soggy a**e !
Go for a test drive.
By the time I get home it is dark and raining again.
Blue Sprite still in garage, without door trim panel.
I wonder why the rebuild of the Sprite has taken 9 years, and is not
finished yet !!!!

Happy weekend !
Guy