Re: New Smiths Guages

To: Leigh Ellen Johnson <L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: New Smiths Guages
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 22:05:51 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Leigh Ellen Johnson wrote:

> On the subject of gauges, my '62 Sprite has a tacho that couldn't be
> original (I come to this conclusion from the Japanese sounding brand name
> that it sports) which hasn't worked since I've had her - the wiring behind
> is a mess.  Did all the Sprites come with a tacho as standard?  Did the
> face change with different years?

They all did, however w/o the japanese name. :)
Aftermarket tachos are usually very easy to hook up, directly to the coil.
The original one is a different story.  The face of the tach should match
the one on the one of the speedo.

> I don't think the wing mirror is original either (I come to this conclusion
> based on having seen the same mirror at Supercheap Auto) - it's a
> rectangular job.

Your car didn't come with an external mirror I think (my 61 didn't), so no
mirror is really original.

Ulix