Re: Norristown Directions

To: mgrazian@ltcm.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Norristown Directions
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:09:27 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/27/99 4:39:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, mgrazian@ltcm.com
writes:

<< Anyone have NON_NJ_Turnpike directions down to Norristown from NYC?  As
 confident as I am that the Midget will make it,  I'd rather not push it for
that
 long.  Hence,  secondary roads are preferable.  All you folks with the old
slow
 cars should know all the back roads up and down the eastern seaboard.  How're
 the A's getting there? ;) (Glad I picked up that NOMEX suit).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay Mike, it's a long drive, but here goes.

Somehow, cross the Hudson River and go into the wilderness called New Jersey.
The Holland Tunnel is the closest to where you want to be, but I don't know
how bad that is.  Get on the Pulaski Highway and look for Route 22.  Stay on
Route 22 to Bridgewater, NJ (about 35 miles), and then get on Route 202 South.

Stay on Route 202 forever.  It goes right through the center of Norristown.
When you get into Norristown, you will see Route 202 bear to the right.  It
will become Swede St. and Markley St. is not far.  If you cross the river you
have gone too far!  A friendly gas station can give you local directions, but
keep the doors locked once inside Norristown!

There are a few limited access sections to this route, but it will be less
than the turnpikes, and better than taking all back roads.

I have never been to the this swap meet, so I don't know exactly where it is,
but these directions will get you in the neighborhood.  Expect the drive to be
AT LEAST 3 hours, maybe more.  The meet opens at 10:00, and dealers are
allowed in at 9:00.  It ends at 2:00.

See you there!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (MUCH older than yours!)