Re: Snow!

To: walters@mail.softcom.net, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snow!
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:19:17 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Yep, there was snow in Bakersfield.  They closed down I-5 for a
>hundred miles.  Something about you can't drive on, get this, 6 inches
of
>snow. ... out here it is a catastrophe.

In '93 I was stationed at Fort Irwin and the NTC (east of Barstow, CA, in
the high desert), and was driving back from Victorville, while it snowed
-- maybe 3" total accumulation.   I was driving along, minding my own
business, when I got flagged over by the CHP.

"Road's closed."
     "Why?"
"Too dangerous with this snow."
     "Snow?  Back home, this isn't even a hard frost."

He walked around to my front bumper, looked at my Iowa plates, and waved
me on.

I personally am of the opinion that the state of California, while it has
many fine residents, is basically unprepared for anything but earthquakes
or fires.  They get a little rain, some snow, maybe a twister or two,
and, heck, they just get all excited....

And what's up with refusing to use a turn signal?  Is it akin to warning
your enemies?

; )

Rich (who really is just kidding)