Re: Difference for CA cars

To: Jarrod Harris <mgjarrod@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Difference for CA cars
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 17:09:21 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jarrod,
it should say it on the emissions sticker on the car, wherever that may
be.  May be in the door jambs?  It should say something like "this car
conforms to the 1976 CA emissions specifications".  This is what I have
seen on other cars (not Midgets).
I am sure someone else can give a better answer.

Ulix

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Jarrod Harris wrote:

> Hi list.  I recently purchased a 76 Midget and I have been doing a
> little bit of reading.  I've noticed that there is a difference between
> the cars sent to CA and the ones sent other places in the USA.  How do
> you know if your car is one that was sent to CA or not? and what are the
> differences?  Thanks a lot,
> -Jarrod

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9