Re: Parts Search

To: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Search
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:12:23 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I think the later setup may give you a little more room.  I have both, but
have not installed the later setup.  I also discovered that if you really
need some room, remove the early organ style pedal altogether.  You are
left with just the bar sticking down.  Not really a pedal, but you get
used to it.  I guess it depends on whether you really need the room...

Ulix

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Mark Snowdon wrote:

> Bill & Cindy wrote:
> >
> > Hi List,
> >
> > We are trying to locate an accelerator pedal assembly from a late model
> > (1500?) Midget. The type that is suspended from the shaft, as opposed to
> > attached to the floorboard.
> >
> > We intend to replace the old style pedal in our 69 MKIV Sprite, so we would
> > need the complete set-up.
> >
> > Anyone have this part for sale?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bill & Cindy
>
> Why would you be changing to this set up? I ask because I just replaced
> my 69 Sprite pedal and cable. Is there any advantage to using the later
> style pedal?
>
> Mark Snowdon
> Greensboro NC

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9