Fuel Guage/Sending Unit

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Guage/Sending Unit
From: AHSprite78@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:59:28 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok, so after my restoration, the gas guage doesn't work.  So, I find out that
there was a  break in the sending unit wire.  I bought a new sending unit, and
put it on.  It works, then I try it again and it doesn't work.  I take it out
and the sending unit wire on the inside has melted apart just like on the last
sending unit.  So I put it back together and I works.  Then it doesn't work.
I melted through again.  Keep in mind that this was all in  about an hour.  I
try the fuel gauge and look at some of the stuff and move the wires around.  I
know that Lucas stuff is not too good, but I know that some people out there
actually know about how much gas is in their tank.
What's the problem here?

Matthew Smith
'67 Sprite (sleeping for the winter)