Re: Midget fender bolts

To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Re: Midget fender bolts
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 22:56:04 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Steve Byers wrote:

> Hi, Mark!
> Besides the ones you mention:   remove the outboard kickpanel from the
> footwell and you will find four more -- three vertically in a row at the
> rear edge of the fender, and another forward of those and down low (close
> to the rear edge of the wheel opening.  A fifth is hidden at the top of the
> fender and attaches it to the firewall.  It is just a little outboard of
> the fastener you mention close to the windshield post.
>
> Steve Byers
> Havelock, NC USA
> '73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"

Thanks for your help Steve, I got it off, but you did forget the famous
lay on the COLD concrete floor and watch rust fall in your eyes, bottom
bolts that attach the lower fascia behind the bumper. These are the
toughest as a socket wrench does not fit until the very end of the lower
bolts thread.

My tub is in fairly good shape, but it seems the car has a fondness for
collecting walnut shells. This is the third place I have found them
stashed.

Mark Snowdon
73 Midget, looking sort of dune buggyish......a very cool, if
unpractical look