Re: Midget fender bolts

To: Bruce Woodward <bruce@woodward-realty.com>
Subject: Re: Midget fender bolts
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 00:41:36 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bruce Woodward wrote:

> you guys must have ESP.  I stood at my Midget up on the jackstands, figuring
> my plan of attack on pullng the motor/tranny and painting the engine
> compartment.  I thought it would be even easier if I pulled the front wings
> and thought, "where in the h*** are the lower bolts!"
>
> I came into the house, grabbed some cold pizza courtesy of SU and read my
> email and found out.   you guys ARE really something!
>
> bruce@woodward-realty.com

Thanks Bruce, but I am sort of doing the same thing. I am going to strip
the shell down and get it dipped, then painted and put everything back
together.The truly cool thing about Midgets is that most of the parts
removed can be stored in a large workshop drawer,(if you have enough
drawers) Can't say the same for the last car I restored. 66 Buick
Wildcat parts tend to be large and bulky.

I have a question though. Is it better to fix any small holes now or
wait till after the shell has been stripped?

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC