Re: Original oil pressure capillary tube

To: Doug Ingram <dingram@tnet.net>
Subject: Re: Original oil pressure capillary tube
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:24:17 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Doug Ingram wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm replacing my combination gauge, and wondering about the oil pressure
> capillary tube which runs from the block to the instrument. My old one is
> fairly rigid, and looks like steel. It's not easy to bend; the years have
> left it quite brittle. It has a section of clear plastic tubing,
> approximately in the middle and about 2" long, which sort of splices
> together the two pieces of steel tubing. I have seen this flexible section
> on other cars, sometimes clear, sometimes black.
>
> I can't find anything in Horler about the tube. Does anyone know if the
> original tube had this plastic tubing bit, and/or why the tubes have it?
> What material were the original tubes made of?

Doug

All Sprites used a metal pipe from the gauge thru the fire wall where it
was connected to a rubber hose near the solenoid.(like Daniel said, it
looks like a brake hose) this hose took uo any vibration between the
engine and chassis.
The rubber hose ended at a shoet metal pipe where it screws into the
engine.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ