washers, flat and locking

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: washers, flat and locking
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:00:06 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,

I'm getting ready to reassemble parts of my engine that is being rebuilt. I
replaced all of the mission critical bolts, washers, and nuts with new one
from ARP and Moss. This includes all head studs, washers and nuts,
connecting  rod hardware, main bearing, bollts, flywheel, clutch, etc.

But I was wondering about all of the bolts and locking washers that are in
less critical areas like the ones that secure the front and back plates to
the block or the timing cover bolts and washers. Can I get away with run of
the mill hardware store stuff for these applications?

Thanks,

Robert Weeks

1969 Midget     (daily driver)
1968-70 Spridget  (two cars welded together)
1974 Midget     (parts car?)

http://www.woozy.com/midget/