Re: Rear end drain plug tool

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear end drain plug tool
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:23:50 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 07:03 AM 2/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
>We've seen some good suggestions on how to make an appropriate tool for
>removing Spridget drain plugs.  I'm just wondering, did anyone else
>replace their plug(s) with a more normal one when they changed their
>fluid?
>
>Rich
>Council Bluffs, Iowa
>
>'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
>'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
>'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

Rich,

We replaced our differential plugs with ones from a Ford. Not only do they
have a 3/8" female hex, allowing you to use your ratchet and extension for
removal and installation, they are magnetic as well. If memory serves me,
they are 1/2" pipe thread. Should be able to get them at most auto parts
stores.

>richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com

Bill & Cindy