Re: Brakes And Other Things

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes And Other Things
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 09:58:17 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Larry,
   There should be a copper washer on each side of the banjo fitting.
Sometimes the new copper is too hard to crush and seal properly. I heat
the washers with a torch until they glow and change color. This anneals
and makes them less brittle so that they seal better. I also do this
every time I am reusing an old washer. As far as the Frontline kit you
are on your own.
Regards,
Peter S.

>From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
>To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Brakes And Other Things
>Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:31:18 -0800
>
>Really just venting...  Finally got around to putting in fluid and
trying to
>bleed the brakes on the new Bugeye. No Joy yet. Both rebuilt calipers
leaked
>around the pistons. Mini Mania is replacing them. The newly sleeved
master
>cylinder has a leak somewhere. The rear banjo connections to the wheel
>cylinders have seepage. All parts and I do mean all, are new.
>
>Oh well. I will try again when I get the calipers back.
>
>On another subject, and this is kind of funny. I have the Frontline
shock
>conversion kit on the front and just got around to trying to install
the
>rubber bumpers under the shock arms. Jacked up the suspension,
installed the
>bumper, let the jack down, and the bumper falls to the floor. The part
that
>goes through the hole was sliced off cleanly. This was a new bumper.
Went