Re: MOT

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: MOT
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 23:23:37 -0500
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, branch@valinet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> Whew...
> I think I'll stick to New Mexico.  Only time you get inspected is the first
> time you register the car.  A young lady walks out to the parking lot with
> you, says "what kind of car is it?", verifies the vin with the title, and
> sells you the plate.
>
> Just like the good old days...I'm sure it wont last.
>
> Robert Houston
> 74 Midget (renewed plates by website)

Sounds like heaven.  In Screw Jersey you go to the local inspection
station, queue up for about an hour, then let some un-civil servant
honk the horn, blink the lights and test the brakes.  Slap on a
sticker and you are good for another 2 years.  Now we have a rolling
road for emissions, so it takes even longer for each car.  Welcome
to NJ, hurry up and wait.

Bill Gilroy
Rt. 18 warrior - 0 to 60 back to 0 in 10 seconds, where the standard
following
distance in 1/2 of a compact car regardless of your speed.