Welding - 73 Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Welding - 73 Midget
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:32:49 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm beginning in about 2 weeks bodywork on my 73 midget.  If you
remember from last year, it's stripped down to a bare body.  The floors,
boot floor, and battery tray need replacing.  How much flange should I
leave for the floors?  Are they basically a cut-out, grind down, and
weld-in job?

Also, what kind of paint should I use to protect the body until it is
painted (several years)?  Something that will be compatible with the top
coat?

This will be my first attempt so any tips are appreciated.  Thanks.!

--
Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu