Re: Pipe thread thread

To: "Bill & Cindy" <fatboy@metro.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pipe thread thread
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:18:40 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
FWIW -
BSP threads - British Standard Pipe are the same, size for size as
BSTP threads - British Standard Taper Pipe.
!/2" BSTP and 1/2" BSP  are both 14 tpi and have the same thread depth
(0.0457") and face angles (271/2 degs.)
The difference is that the BSTP is machined at a 1:16 taper. BSP is a
parallel thread.
The nominal diameter is measured at a distance from the narrower end equal
to the diameter, so a 1/2" plug is one that measures 1/2", 1/2" from the
small end.

Got that? (gg)

Guy
UK