Re: special treatment??

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: special treatment??
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:39:15 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com, robert@woozy.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I don't know if you guys are using primer or not.
I sandblasted my steel rims, then painted with silver engine paint, then
baked.  The paint is not very durable, and (probably because I didn't use
primer) the wheels are rusting.  The car is sitting under a car cover in
constant rain right now and where water sits in the rim, there is a lot of
rust now.

Just FYI,
Ulix

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/10/99 10:31:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com writes:
>
> << What kind of paint are you baking? >>
>
> Spray enamel, Drew.  I paint the piece and put it in a 350 degree oven for
> 30-40 minutes.  The paint seems to flow into all the crevices and comes out
> hard and seemingly durable.
>
> ---David

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9