Re: special treatment??

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: special treatment??
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:00:44 EST
Cc: Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com, robert@woozy.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/11/99 11:40:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< I don't know if you guys are using primer or not.
 I sandblasted my steel rims, then painted with silver engine paint, then
 baked.  The paint is not very durable, and (probably because I didn't use
 primer) the wheels are rusting. >>

Ulix--

Primer will enhance rust rather than inhibit it--unless it is the new epoxy or
urethane primer.  The red oxide and the gray stuff are like sponges-they will
absorb and hold water thereby promoting rust.  Methinks the fact that you have
rust speaks not well for the paint you used and/or the coverage you got.
Paint is non permeable--wont allow water in if the seal is not broken, and
there should be no rust--unless something happened to the paint seal.

My pocket change!

---David