Re: No seatbelts

To: justincook@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No seatbelts
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:52:03 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Justin,

Like the other folks do not know if your car came with seat belts. Here may be
an option depending on your preference.  On our 1960 I drilled holes in the
floor pan directly behind and on either side of the seats. Install eyebolts
(lookup load capacity) with large warsher (2-3 inch dia) under the floor
board.  Made a visit to our local private airport were we found surplus
aircraft seat belts used in things like Piper Cubs.  These are 3 inches wide
with the leather center point and hook latch, like lap belts used in race
cars.  The aircraft type have spring loaded hooks on the ends that will snap
on to the eye bolts.  They are long but can be pulled down to fit, you do have
the extra belt down along side the seat but in exchange they do have a very
secure feeling.  These use to be cheap and very good belts but a different
look.  Once set you normally do not need to change them but we always give the
adjustment straps a pull for good measure.

FWIW

Bob and Annice

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1988 Ford Feistiva (the putt putt car)
1978 Volvo 242 GT (still for sale)
197? Honda Passport scooter (for sale cheap)
1973 Ford Van (the truck)
1991 Motorhome (traveling time)