Re: Electric Fan

To: pheysey@enol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fan
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 06:37:53 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
IMHO no power source after the ignition will supply enough power without
eventually burning up the ignition switch. I do not think it was
designed to carry that much of a load. I would suggest that a separate
lead be taken off the battery and wired to a relay activated by the
ignition switch. Please add fuses into this circuit as if something
causes the fan motor to jam it will quickly let the smoke out of your
wiring and we all know once the smoke is gone electricity does not flow
anymore. Most horn type relays are not rated for continuous use try to
find a headlamp type relay. I also would reccomend a thermocouple type
switch that turns on automatically as opposed to a manual switch that
you have to remember to turn on and off, Though you can wire in an
override switch as a safety measure.
Regards,
Peter S.