Re: Fixing Loose Wheel Studs

To: "Bob Spruck" <bspruck@mindspring.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fixing Loose Wheel Studs
From: "Jay Bourgraf" <jaybird@isoc.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 08:40:42 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob, Replacing the hub may not fix your problem. Check the knurling on the
stud. It may be worn. Also try removing the stud, and since it is a
interference fit, deform the hole are slightly with a punch or ball peen (I
said slightly) and see if this helps.
Jay Bourgraf
"I may not have a solution, but I admire the problem"