Re: Now that It's C-O-L-D again !

To: chuckc@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Now that It's C-O-L-D again !
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:39:02 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Chuck,

If it settles down to a nice idle after it starts, I suspect that the
fuel enrichment system (aka-Choke) is not fully working.  When it starts
with a full choke, normally you have to back off the choke immediately as
it will be running really rich.  My 1275 was frequently the one that
started the neighbors cars in really cold weather.

Look for the choke cable with a bit too much slack in it, or not really
lowering the jets enough.

Paul
Pasgeirsson@juno.com