My New Toy Came Today!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: My New Toy Came Today!
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:09:25 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Spridgeteers;

I have been waiting for a couple of weeks for my newest toy for the
Midget.  For absolutely no good reason and without hardly any
knowledge of the subject I bought a Judson Supercharger.  As a kid I
remember those J.C. Whitney catalogs that had the Judson in it for
VW's and Sprites promising up to fifty percent HP increase.  I always
thought it would be neat ("cool" to the under 40 group and "bad" to
the under 25 group) to have a blown anything.  I have had several
turbo charged cars but modern, computer controlled, stuff is just not
cool. Now, this hunk of iron and aluminum needs some work.  The Holly
Carb is there but obviously needs rebuilt and cleaned up.  The
bearings on the tensioner are a little tight, but the vanes look good
and everything turns.  I think that I could even feel the pressure
when I rotated the pulley.  Since I am interested in using it on a
1275 I understand that I will have find a timing chain cover without
the oil separator, to clear the belt, and figure another way to apply
a vacuum to the crankcase, to keep the oil inside the engine.  I have
most of the Marvel Oiler but no bottle to hold the oil, anybody got
one? I am sure that I have only touched on the challenges, but I look
forward to finding out more about this beast.  This is to be a long
term project, so I am in no hurry to get it installed.  I want to
drive my car this spring and summer, looks like a good winter project
for Y2K.  I have seen some discussion on the list, mostly negative,
but what the heck, I don't give up easy.  I think I will name it
Monica!

--
Mark
1970 Midget