Re: Electric fans/Radiators

To: Ronsoave@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric fans/Radiators
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:24:36 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mr. Ronsoave explained...
<<(minor math ahead):
In a duct, the pressure drop (corrected to standard air density and pressure)
is equal to the resistance of the duct times the flow squared (sigma_delta_p =
z * w^2).  If you solve for flow (w), the flow is equal to the square root of
the pressure drop divided by the resistance (meaning the flow is proportional
to the pressure differential).  The air doesn't care whether it is being
sucked or blown (woops), it is the pressure differential that drives the
flow.>>

Uh,okay. 8^o
As I said, that is what I was told as to why most electric fans were put on
the back of radiators. And I will only add that many fans arent even in a
shroud, as they probably should be. Ive run them on either side and as far as
I could tell it didnt make a squirt of difference. Put it wherever it will fit
in my opinion.
FWIW,YMMV. a pennies' worth is still a penny, who knew how far two of them
would go?
Gary
75 Midget (stock fan on the waterpump behind the radiator with a questionable
fan clutch never gets above 200 f so why pick at it?:^)