RE: Bugeye Period Performance Tune

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <hubbard@idir.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bugeye Period Performance Tune
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:18:32 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel,

Somewhere I have some Judson literature that claims a HP increase from the
stock 43 HP to something like 74 HP with no other mods.

I've got a Judson on a Bugeye 948 that I've never run... (it was in a rust
bucket that also yielded a factory hardtop). I think if I was to run it on a
fresh 948, I'd start with a nitrided crank, and have Venolia forge up some
pistons in the proper low compression. Slap on a 295 casting head, a decent
header... and you've got a vintage road rocket.

WST
Team Thicko