Re: Radiator/Electric Fan

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator/Electric Fan
From: Larry <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:14:23 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Question 1:  Should I take my radiator in while it's out of the car to
>get flushed/cleaned up, not knowing anything about it or its history, or
>is it safe to assume it's ok?  (Just checking!)
>
>Question 2:  I was searching through the archive about electric fans,
>which I bought one of today, and was curious about mounting spots on the
>1500.  I saw several people mounted them in front of the radiator.  I
>won't be putting a fan clutch or fan back on my car (other than the
>electric one).  Is in front of the radiator better than behind it, or is
>it impossible to mount behind it?  I can't remember how much space is
>there because it's been so long since I've seen a complete Midget.
>
>Thanks!
>
>adrian
>
>--
>------------------------------------
>J. Adrian Barnes
>http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget
>http://www.ravineware.com
>
>"When there was no meat, we ate
>fowl.  When there was no fowl we
>ate crawdads.  When there were no
>crawdads we ate sand."

You may or may not have room in between the waterpump pulley and the
electric fan. I didn't think there was room. I put mine in front of the
rad for that reason alone. It does block the airflow so the car runs a
littler hotter than before.
Let me know how it works out.

Larry Macy
78 Midget (not currently being driven as it is in PA and I am in WY)