Re: Fuel pump leak

To: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump leak
From: "Marlene Rzepkowski" <mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:13:15 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Guy,
I just looked at the new pump I ordered from Victoria British, and probably
because it's an aftermarket product, there are no holes as you describe.  My
guess would be that your internal diaphragm is shot, with a pin hole in it
that shouldn't be there, and so gas is leaking past the internal diaphragm
and out of a casting hole that probably was always there.  This is how most
fuel pumps die.

Victoria British was running a sale on fuel pumps this winter for about
$27.00 so I bought one because I believe mine is going (takes a lot of
cranking to put gas into the system.)  I think internal components are also
available for a rebuild it yourself project.

Dick, 1977 midget.