LBC Day

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC Day
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 10:46:12 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

Thought I might share the following slightly amusing anecdotes that
happened to Cindy yesterday while cruisin' her Sprite.

The first exhibited some rather artful driving techniques, on her part,
while trying to extract the Sprite from the garage. Seems, that due to our
rather congested driveway parking situation, she was forced to back out of
the garage, down the SIDEWALK, and then pull forward on the SIDEWALK to
exit the driveway and enter the customary driving surface...aka...the
STREET! She does say though, that the car and the SIDEWALK where a perfect
fit, and she rather enjoyed the outlaw aspect of the whole little
adventure. Remember...she is blonde, Italian and a native Californian...her
words not mine.

Next...while at that local mall...she comes out of the video store to find
a teen-age boy ogling her car. In her best tough guy tone she bellows...
"Hey! You aren't messin' with my car, are Ya!"...and then laughed. After
finally convincing him that it was indeed her car, he tells her that he has
a Datsun 1600. He always thought that his car was little, but this one, the
Sprite, was even more tiny. Then...as they talk old cars a bit, the subject
of parts availabilities comes up. Cindy tells him that we have had good
luck using the "Net", and this child of the ninety's...you know the
computer generation...says something like..."Wow, Yeah! I never thought of
that.". Go figure!

Anyway...the conversation ends and Cindy next goes into the Taqueria to
hunt and gather my dinner. As she is loading the Sprite with the spoils of
her hunt a family happens to walk by and a very young boy spots the car,
comes running over and shouts..." Dad look...it's almost like a go-cart!
What kinda car is it?". It unison both the dad and Cindy say..."It's an
Austin-Healey."...and laugh at the child's amazement that it is acually a
real car.

Just an average every day in LBC ownership, huh?

Bill & Cindy
Santa Rosa, CA

98 Sea Ray 190 BR
96 Yellow Lab