Re: Tire sizes... missing the point?

To: <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire sizes... missing the point?
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:33:35 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>>Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 14:19:07 -0500
From: chuckc <chuckc@ibm.net>

Yes! Another 145 user!  Me too. Me too. And I
get the Michelins cheap from Sears.

chuck

Justin Cook wrote:

> Spridgeteers,
>
> Why get all bent out of shape trying to wedge huge rubber under the
> fenders of a spridget?  I have driven vehicles that stick to the
> pavement better than my sprite with 145s (at least that was my
> perception).  But is that more fun?  I don't think so... you have to
> drive the vehicle to scary speeds to really push.  I'd rather slide my
> sprite around any day -- but then again I'm the dorky safety guy who
> was asking about seatbelts a few weeks back.<<

I agree.  I installed Roadhandler 145's on my 69 Midget about 10 years ago.
I am now working on a 59 A40 Farina and a 68 Midget and would go with the
identical tires again but they don't seem to be available, not around here
at least.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario, Canada