Mini Mania engine breather

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Mini Mania engine breather
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 22:52:41 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mini Mania sells an aluminum piece that bolts to the block instead of the
mechanical fuel pump.  All it really does is provide a threaded hole for
an engine breather connection.  The aluminim block baffles the hole to
funtion as an oil separator. So a hose could be connected here and run to
the PCV valve.
I am wondering what the advantage of this setup might be.
It would let me use a timing cover without the oil separator, which would
come in handy if I wanted to use a Judson supercharger or if I used a
timing belt conversion without breather.

I don't mind the timing cover with the separator, so I am wondering if
there might be an advantage to connecting the PCV to both points?

PS: I have a later 1275 block that actually has the blanking plate for the
machanical fuel pump.

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9