RE: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...
From: "Scott Johnston" <sjonston@dreamscape.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:24:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Yo,
>I am always perplexed by this oil filter discussion when it arises. I am
>not trying to brag or anything, but I have never had a problem removing,
>replacing, seating the original style filter.
>
> To seat the new ring, I put a couple of dabs of white grease on it to
> "hold" it in place and carefully seat it with a flat blade screw
> driver.
> I have never had one leak or fail to seat.

> Jay Fishbein, CT

Duhh...Why didn't I think of that!  I guess I'll give the original setup one
more try and use the grease trick.  I have to admit that I've been buying
those rings from one of the major suppliers of lousy Asian parts, so maybe
they 'aint gonna fit right anyway.  I'll shop more carefully next time.

This is just another of the little quirks that make an LBC so interesting I
guess.

Scott

ps - click here to see why I'm NOT driving the Sprite anytime soon!
http://www.syracuse.com/live/clinton/

1966 Sprite - Healey Monster
1992 Cherokee
1987 Golden Retriever - "Chuck the Wonder Dog"