RE: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <tob@taltec.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...
From: "Scott Johnston" <sjonston@dreamscape.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:40:05 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Gang,

> Oil filter removal tool?
>
> That's a 8-10" phillips screw driver.  Poke it through the filter
> and use to
> twist off.  (have the  pan under the filter)

A REALLY big pan if you've got the old paper element filters :).

I always have a bear of a time getting that black o-ring thingy installed
right so all the new oil stays IN the car.  Also if you don't get the o-ring
on just right, the oil pressure reads low which can't be good for the
engine.

Now for my question.  Can anyone recommend one of the spin-off filter
adapters you see advertised?  Do they work well?  Who carrys the best one?

thanks,

Scott

1966 Sprite - Healey Monster
1992 Cherokee
1987 Golden Retriever - "Chuck the Wonder Dog"