Re: offset bushings

To: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Subject: Re: offset bushings
From: Rick Williams <redfish@premier.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 12:20:31 -0600
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark,
I run the offset top bushings on my car with the 520 lb. springs and it handles
great. I was advised against the lower offset bushings by Rob at Winners Circle.
He said you can get "real messed up" with the lower offset bushings. I guess it
must be hard to get them all in the same alignment. With the top offset bushings
and the car lowered 2" with the springs I get about 3 deg. of neg. camber. I
think you can get 5 to 6 deg. with the lower offset bushings. I also replaced
the lower bushings with the nylon bushings; it was not too hard since I had the
whole suspension apart anyway to put the springs in.
Rick Williams
66 Sprite