sprite update, next project, springs,

To: "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: sprite update, next project, springs,
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:11:26 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK brakes are done, thanks to all who helped with my rotor problems
Next on the list, Springs.

    To my surprise, front springs aren't that costly, so I have decided to not
postpone my spring work. I would have thought that installing springs would be a
major pain, but while working on those discs, I foresaw the job to be fairly
simple. Now my question is, will specialized tools be needed to install new
front
springs? Will I need to compress the spring in order to fit it (using a jack) ?
And
thirdly the spring itself, can anyone tell me what the stock springs are rated
at?
and what springs should I replace them with? I do believe I want something a tad
stiffer then stock, but you may be able to set me straight.

Much thanks in advance,

Toby
Santa Barbara, CA       tob@taltec.net
1971 FJ-40 Toyota Land Cruiser (daily driver stock everything...)
1969 Austin Healey Sprite mark 4  (in restoration now!)
1998 yellow labrador "Milou" (puppy only 5 months old) he likes the Sprite
better