Re: Sprite colors

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: donp@ncweb.com
Subject: Re: Sprite colors
From: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 13:15:34 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow Listers,
"I read it on the internet so it must be true."
With all due respect, people's opinions are too quickly being accepted as fact
on this list.

The only true source material is that which originated at the factory.

Horler published are very good book, but all of a sudden this lst is treating
this ith more respect than the factory publications.

I don't know who/what "The Mighty Midget" by Graeme Jannaway may be but why
would this be used to rewrite history?

Any publication representing factory information that relys on anything other
the original source and otherise is not properly footnoted can not be taken as
correct and should be ignored by concours judges.

Of late, alot of heresay has been tossed around on this list that will
ultimately be a disservice to a restorer looking for correct information and
becomes convinced that people with the loudest messages are most knowledgeable
and experts on originality.

Bottom line, again with all due respect, we don't need another publication
guessing at the facts.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6