Re: Need Adapter for Temp Sensor

To: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Adapter for Temp Sensor
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:24:56 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 3/14/99 9:22 PM so and so (Doug Ingram) said. (And I quote:)

>I just received a new combination water temp/oil pressure gauge, the correct
>one for my car, Smiths GD 1502/01. Oops, not quite so easy as just putting
>it in:
>
>1. The water temp capillary tube came with a female fitting 5/8" 18 UNF, and
>the fitting on the radiator is also female, looks like a slightly different
>thread, maybe 9/16" 18 UNF. I need an adapter, the inside (rad) end would
>have to have a bevelled end to seat properly, and the outside end would have
>to be square cut to fit against the shoulder on the temp sensor bulb. Any
>ideas where I could get such an adapter?
>
>2. The water temp capillary tube lacks the wound protective wire, it's made
>of a new wire core/plastic coated material. I would like to put wire on it
>for appearances sake. Any suggestions as to what kind of wire would work?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Doug Ingram
>Victoria BC
>1958 Frogeye
>AN5L/636
I know it is a little far for you to get to PA, but I am looking for a
similar adapter for my 78 Midget. I will be looking long and hard at
Carlisle, PA in May (Import show and swap meet). If you want I'll look
for the one you need and grab it. Let me kow if you find one else where
before then.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?