Re: Marrying cars? Is this true?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Marrying cars? Is this true?
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:18:50 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It's always sad to read of unrequited love.  Just imagine if people could
marry cars.  Every girl could have her NSU Prinz or Renault Dauphine
(possibly mounted on a white Dodge Charger) and every boy could long for
the allure of a Vanden Plas Princess( oh, those Toyota Crowned heads!  So
Bently Continental!) who would of course be the daughter of a Daimler
Sovereign.  And ah, the romance of Alfa Romeo and Guilietta, what a Duetto!
 And while we're on the topic of theatre what about Rex Harrison in My
Datsun Fairlady?  And what Rambler Rebel could resist the allure of the
lovely Borgward Isabella or the clarion call of a Volvo Amazon?

Rich folks could be spotted with their Daimler Consorts (with a Toyopet for
a lapdog?  Or an AC Greyhound for the hunt with the Austin Countryman and
Ford Squire?) and perhaps Hindustan Ambassadors could long for a Ford
Consul and the pitter patter of Fiat Bambinos?  But wait, could one get
into trouble for crossing a State Line with a Morris Minor or Alfa Junior?
But then wouldn't it be good always to have a Lincoln for President?

Your deceased Aunty Rover (she who was in her youth a Hillman Minx in
Sunbeam Stilettos) could well have been an Alvis Grey Lady who returns as a
Silver Ghost or Wraith.

And what would happen if a Nissan President was found in the same carpark
as a (limited production, early 70's) Monica 590?  Would an Armstrong
Siddley Starr Sapphire investigate?

Finally, what I'd like to know is how the union would be consummated.  I've
completely ****** a couple of cars but I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

I could go on but I think you've suffered enough

Peter Westcott