rebuild time?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: rebuild time?
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:10:26 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Spridgeteers,

Well, the oil pressure on my 1275 is now dropping to 15 psi at idle when
warm, maybe lower, plus I'm hearing a few tapping noises I didn't hear
before spending the whole day at Road Atlanta (that story is on it's way).
I assume that it is rebuild time. What are the options? A complete rebuild?
Just do the big end bearings? Something in between? A rebuilt long block
from Minimania is $2k on sale this month; my local rebuilder says his
complete reduild will be $1-3K depending on what he finds once he tears
into it. This is a daily driver, so I don't have the luxury of doing it all
myself, and I really don't have the time (Spring is the crazy season in the
lab).

Any thoughts on procedure options and/or pricing?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html