Re: chrome

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: chrome
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:45:48 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/18/99 12:15:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Jaral48462@aol.com writes:

<< I've been waiting for someone to Bash Nu-Chrome Corp. so I could get into
the
 discussion.

 Two years ago I purchased an Austin Healey Front Bumper at the spring Swap
 Meet in Carlisle, PA Walked over to the Nu-Chrome booth and asked them if
they
 could make a Concours Quality Bumper out of it.  He looked it over and stated
 NO PROBLEM.  I picked up some of the before and after display piece he had on
 the table and again asked can you make it look as good as these AFTER sample.
 Again NO PROBLEM.  I gave him the bumper and a Check for $180 along with my
 shipping address.  I finally received the bumper 8 months later after many
 phone calls in which they kept telling me it would be shipped at the end of
 the week.  Upon inspection I found many pits in the Class A surface and the
 mounting brackets on the rear side were still covered with rust.  They said
 send it back and they would redo it for me to my satisfaction.  Five months
 later again after numerous phone calls I received it with 3/8 diameter black
 burn spot on the front surface and still handed removed the rust from the
back
 side.  Like the writer of the above post I paid the shipping charges both
 times.  I did call them and inform them of my dissatisfaction and their only
 reply was send it back and we will make it just like you want it.  NOT A
 CHANCE!!!!!!! >>

I've never heard of Nu-Chrome before. But now that I have heard about what
happened to you guys I will stay clear of them in the future. I like a company
that will do the job right the first time without ripping me off. Thanks for
the warning.

James
Florida
1962 A-H Sprite
Web site link:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>
1962 Austin-Healey Sprite Restoration</A>