Re: Midget Seatbelt Recall

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Midget Seatbelt Recall
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:07:33 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

> Hmm, seems like Rover believes that there is.  I talked to some live
> people there who acknowledged it.  It could be a voluntary recall not
> brought about by an order from the NHTSA.

Back when I first joined the list (a couple of years ago?) I too heard about the
recall and called.  I talked with a Patricia Shoap and gave her my VIN, etc.
and was
told that my car qualified and I was supposedly put on a list.  That was the
last I
ever heard of it.  She sounded very human for being an internet myth.

    I called back later and a man was now handling the recall.  He said that he
would call me back and never did.  There is supposedly a new 800 number - this
topic
came up on the MG digest Jan 4-6 of this year.  Search the posts and you will
get
the number.  (I don't have it here)  Based on my previous successes, I haven't
called yet, figuring it to be a waste of time.  Supposedly some people on the MG
list received belts, I don't know of anyone personally or on this list that has
received them.

Steve.
looking for Kangols

--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
|   Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."